The General Meeting for April will be an online Zoom meeting on April 8th at 7 pm.
- This month our member, Jim Grace, will talk about what he looks for in a stone for faceting and the cut to make.
- Jim cuts all his own stones and is very well known gem cutter in western Washington and for his fabulous collection of faceted gems. You can find him displaying at rock and gem shows in the area. More specifically, he always has a display case at the West Seattle show. Look for his display case if you want to see some fabulous faceting.
- The link for the meeting will be in your email around the first week of April.
Everyone stay home and be safe. If you have to go out be sure to wear a mask.
Hopefully we will see each other in-person in May or June.
- In order to attend a Zoom meeting you need to download the app no matter what type of device you are on. Then setup an account for yourself.
- Now here is where the good part comes in where you can make yourself look awesome!
- There are filters that make you look better on camera. Here is how you access them:
Sign into your Zoom app account.
Click on your profile picture.
Click the Background & Filters tab.
Click the Video Filters tab.
Select the desired beauty filter. The filters can smooth out your complexion, adjust your lighting, give you a background of your choosing, etc. You can try several of them and keep the one you like best. Zoom will now keep this setting for all Zoom sessions. You can always go back into the settings at any time and change the filter.
- Now let’s all jump in with both feet and attend our March general meeting!