- From the Top of the Rock Pile …. by Kat Koch
- We have several members who cannot attend our meetings and have asked for them to be live-streamed. Zach Pratt, a new member, has volunteered to get this going for us. Zach plans on doing a test run at the April meeting to work out all the kinks. The plan is for the May General meeting to be live-streamed on YouTube. At the May meeting, Joan from Jerry’s Rock and Gem Shop will be speaking on the colorful salt domes of Iran.
- You will be able to watch our meetings live as they are going on or at a more convenient time for you. In addition, they will be permanently available on our YouTube channel.
- The channel is Cascade Mineralogical Society. Be sure to like and subscribe.
- Now I am looking for someone to volunteer to take pictures at our monthly meeting, including the Show ‘n Tell portion. Then write a short article with photos for our Tumbler each month. If you are hesitant about your writing abilities, I would be more than happy to proofread your article before submitting it to Keith, our editor. The publication deadline is the 18th of each month.
- James Starke, our Show Chairman, is hard at work getting our Gem Show off the ground. It will be held at the Green River College gym on August 20 & 21, 2022. We need a load of volunteers for this event. James will have a sign-up sheet listing the positions he needs help on at the meeting. So be prepared to step up and volunteer.
- In March, we are not only resuming in-person meetings, but we are also resuming the field trips on March 19th. If you have not renewed your membership for 2022, go grab your credit card now and “git ‘er done.” Go to our website, or you can use this link https://www.cascademineralogicalsociety.org/manage-cms-account/#myaccount
- We continue to get new members every month. So if you are a new member, please be sure to come up and introduce yourselves at our meeting.
Kat Koch, President