By purchasing booth space (from now on known as “Vendor”), you enter into an agreement with Cascade Mineralogical Society (from now on known as “CMS”) for the Cascade Rock, Gem & Jewelry Show taking place at KENT COMMONS – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation on June 29-30, 2024 (from now on known as “Event”). In addition, CMS offers a 10% discount if you purchase a booth by April 30. All booth spaces are sold by invitation only on a first-come basis.
Vendors are selected according to the needs of the show. We attempt to have a well-rounded show that incorporates all aspects of the rock, mineral, and related areas of the hobby. Vendors in good standing who have participated in our gem show the previous year will receive show invitations first. Next, new vendors are invited to fill show needs, vacant spots, or vendor cancellations due to illness.
SHOW DATES: June 29 & 30, 2024
SHOW HOURS: Saturday and Sunday, 10 am-5 pm.
Set up will be from 12 noon to 6 pm on Friday. Takedown will be from 5 pm to 7 pm on Sunday.
The following are our policies and expectations of vendors at the Cascade Gem and Mineral Show.
1. Term of the Agreement: This agreement will come into effect once the vendor has paid CMS for their booth space(s) and will continue until the event has finished.
2. Cancellation policy:
* All booth space cancellations must be made in writing.
* Booth space canceled before April 30, 2024, will receive a 100% refund.
* Booth space canceled between May 1, 2024, and May 30, 2024, will receive a 50% refund.
* Any cancellations after June 1, 2024, will receive no funds.
3. Usage of Booth Space(s): The Vendor agrees not to exceed the footprint of the booth space(s) as assigned by CMS. Vendors shall use their best efforts when constructing displays to minimize any disturbances to other Vendors and show operations. Vendors shall be considerate of other Vendors, Kent Commons property, and CMS property for the duration of the event. CMS or Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the vendor’s property during the event. At its sole cost and expense, the vendor agrees to keep the booth space clean and satisfactory to CMS and Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation requirements. The vendor shall not transfer, assign, sublet, or share any booth space without written approval from CMS.
4. Sale Items: All materials and equipment exhibited or sold must be correctly represented and labeled. The inventory should be predominantly (90%) related to rocks, minerals, geology, paleontology, lapidary or jewelry, and related crafts. Figurines or other resin, plastic, glass, etc. items or other general artwork are inappropriate. Sales and solicitations to the public are permitted in authorized vendor space only. The Show Chairman and a CMS Board Member shall resolve any disputes.
5. Door Prizes: CMS asks that each vendor donate an item to the club for the raffle case or hourly door prize drawings. Each item will be displayed with the vendor’s card.
6. CONDUCT: The Cascade Gem and Mineral Show is a family Event. Materials displayed must be suitable for an environment with children. The Vendors and their helpers will always conduct themselves with politeness and respect. CMS reserves the right to immediately eliminate any vendor, material, equipment, advertising, booth design, practice, noise, or individual that is objectionable in any manner whatsoever. You can not sell any replicas of guns, male or female genitalia, drug paraphernalia, or other X-rated items. At no time during the Cascade Gem and Mineral Show can you have illegal drugs, guns, or alcohol in your possession.
7. Set up and Tear down of Booth Space(s): Vendors are allowed into the building to set up from 12 noon to 6 pm on Friday, the day before the show opens. The vendor agrees to have their booth space(s) entirely set up, with wares displayed and ready for purchase when the show begins at 10 am on Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, the vendor agrees to remove all their property from the premises by 7:00 pm on Sunday, June 30, 2024. Vendors can take down their merchandise once the show closes on Sunday after 5 pm. Also, the vendor agrees to leave his booth space clean and clear of all trash. All vendors must be loaded and out of the venue by 7 pm Sunday. Any items left on the premises at that time will be considered forfeited.
8. Staffing of Booth Space(s): The Vendor agrees to only leave their booth space(s) unattended during the Event hours if previously arranged with the CMS Show Chairman, Kat Koch. Any requested agreements cannot disturb or disrupt other Vendors, guests, or customers. Volunteers will be available to cover your booth if you have to leave for personal reasons or to take a break.
9. THEFT: CMS or Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation will not be responsible for theft from the show site under any circumstances. Our contract with Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation includes 24-hour building security monitoring. Vendors who wish to insure against damage, loss, or any other reason arising from claims made by the public or injury to persons or property will do so at their own expense. Vendors will indemnify and hold the Cascade Mineralogical Society, Cascade Gem and Mineral Show, and Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation harmless from any liabilities arising out of or in connection with the installation, operations, and loss of their merchandise.
10. Vendor Documentation. The vendor agrees to have all required documentation at the time of the event, which may include business licenses, permits, and certificates of insurance. All vendors must have a Washington UBI#; the state requires all vendors to obtain one. Each vendor is responsible for collecting sales tax. The vendor is responsible for any fines, penalties, or costs incurred for failure to obtain a Washington UBI#, business license, or insurance.
Limitation of Liability. The vendor, its employees, or volunteers shall not hold Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation, Cascade Mineralogical Society, CMS members, or CMS volunteers liable for any loss, liability, theft, damage, claim, or personal injury. It includes but is not limited to theft or damage to the vendor’s property, furnishings, equipment, merchandise, or any personal injury that the vendor may incur from its operations at the Cascade Gem & Mineral Show. In no event shall Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation or CMS be liable to the vendor or any other person or entity for consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages, costs, expenses, or losses (including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of business, anticipatory profits, opportunity income or personal physical, mental or emotional loss).
12. Video and Photography Release: The vendor grants CMS irrevocable and unlimited rights and permissions to use photographs and video recordings of the vendor and vendor’s property on CMS social media and other Internet properties, publications, promotional flyers, marketing materials, derivative works, or any other similar purpose without compensation or permission from the vendor. The vendor, with this agreement, releases, acquits, and forever discharges CMS from all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages, and liabilities arising out of or in connection to the use or distribution of said photographs or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation, likeness, or defamation.
13. NO ANIMALS, BIRDS, REPTILES, INSECTS, DOGS, OR CATS ARE ALLOWED: Unless you receive prior written permission from Kat Koch, Show Chairman, vendors can only bring Certified Service Dogs.
14. Age Requirements: The vendor warrants that they and its employees and subcontractors are eighteen (18) or older.
15. COVID-19 Precautions: At the time the event is held, Kent Commons – The City of Kent Parks & Recreation and CMS will fully adhere to the guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington State Department of Health (WDOH) to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, which may include providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to enter any Event spaces. If the vendor cannot abide by these guidelines, they will forfeit their booth space(s), and no refunds will be issued.
16. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: Failure of any vendor or their helpers to comply with any of the terms of this agreement may result in immediate expulsion from the show and forfeiture of fees. The CMS Show Chairman and a CMS Board Member will have final authority to enforce these conditions.
17. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Vendor and CMS, and no other agreements, oral or written, are binding unless signed by both parties. Modifications to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
This Vendor Agreement becomes valid and binding upon completing your booth space purchase at this year’s show.